Sunday, July 13, 2014

How To Save Kmart

Over the weekend, I saw a $500 blender a Target.  It made me pause and wonder if the chain was leaving working people behind.  Target has gone designer in every category.  Walmart is struggling to keep up.  They want value-oriented upper middle class customers, too.  I hope that leaves a space in the market for Kmart.

Kmart in Cobb County, Georgia
When I was growing up, Kmart was the place cheap parents shopped.  Now, that I'm older, I need to be cheap, too.  But, to succeed Kmart has to improve and differentiate itself from Wal-Mart and Target.


 Kmart has some valuable tools in their toolbox.  For example, they can sell respected Sears tool and appliance brands.  They also have affordable big and tall clothing for men.

But, success is a long road.  In my opinion, Kmart has to do a better job ensuring that sale prices are reflected by floor scanners and registers.  They also need to be faster at processing returns at customer service.  Finally, they need to attract more customers through advertising and great sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment